Hey guys! Today, instead of bringing you another article about business, technology or events, we decided to give you a super tasty recipe to keep you fit and healthy: our very own Quinoa bowl recipe!
Why? In our industry we work hard all the time, we are always online and ready to help our clients succeed. With all this constant multi-tasking, sometimes we just forget to eat healthily.
Besides, who doesn’t like a fresh meal in the summer?
Quinoa, pronounced “keen-wah”, is a seed that gained a lot of popularity in the last years as an alternative to rice. Quinoa is a gluten-free seed, rich in fiber, protein, and a source of amino-acids.
Much like rice, it’s very versatile in terms of what you can serve it with, providing you a fresh, extremely nutritious, and healthy meal.
In this bowl, you’ll get: Protein from the black beans, “good fat” from the avocado, and all the rich veggie nutrients!
Check below the ingredients and the step-by-step recipe for this amazing meal!
First, make sure all your ingredients are fresh, to ensure the best and tastiest result!
- Black beans
- Red onions
The dressing/ sauce:
- Olive oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Boil the quinoa the same way you would cook rice: soak a little bit in cold water, boil it until it’s cooked, drain the water and let it cool!
- In the meantime you can cut the tomatoes and the red onions as you please – slices, cubes, triangles … 🤣
- Divide the quinoa into bowls and place the previous ingredients on top.
- Time to add beans! Here I used canned black beans. Just drain the water and rinse them a little bit in freshwater. Dry them and place them on the quinoa.
- We recommend cutting the avocados and placing them just before the dressing so they won’t get oxidized (dark). Now’s the time!
Now the dressing! In a separate bowl:
- Mix olive oil, lime juice, lemon juice, salt, and pepper!
- Chop some cilantro (or any other favorite greens of yours).
Pour it over the bowls and mix everything! It’s ready to eat!
We like to build a healthy habit and we will share more recipes and life hacks along our journey in our lifestyle section, stay tuned!